The move will provide more brokers with access to Haul in One, a core product of Direct Commercial. The Open GI launch will help brokers seeking cover for a commercial motor vehicle and reduce the need for brokers to re-key data into multiple systems and is the first Direct Commercial product to be made available on the Open GI platform.
Our Head of Schemes, Michael Dickinson said:
“By adding Haul In One to the Open GI platform, we can offer brokers more choice and help them find a long-term solution to support their clients who require cover for a courier van, truck or transporter, all backed by A-rated capacity.
Brokers value speed of trading and simplicity of service and we continue to meet that need. Part of our ambitious growth plan for Haul In One is to give more brokers access and Open GI has a proven track record that will help us further expand our distribution with the scale and adaptability required.”
Simon Badley, CEO of Open GI, said:
“We are delighted to be partnering with Direct Commerical to support the distribution of Haul in One. I have no doubt our partnership will go from strength to strength. We look forward to supporting the team moving forward as they utilise IHP Plus, our latest cloud-based insurer hosted pricing solution, to maximise their distribution footprint. It is important for us as a technology partner to collaborate with our customers to offer the right solutions, with the increased digital capabilities, functionality and flexibility they need to align with their plans for the future.”
A Reminder of the Haul In One Product
Haul In One provides an insurance solution for commercial motor risks offering cover for up to ten vehicles on a single policy. Key features of the cover includes:
- Insurance for vehicles up to 44 tons including most commercial vehicles such as vans, lorries, skip carriers, vehicle transporters, tankers, cement mixers, tippers and refrigerated vehicles.
- Flexible driving options including any licensed driver on vehicles over 12 tons and a broad acceptance criteria for motoring convictions and previous claims.
- Hazardous goods carriage up to 10% of turnover.
- UK-based dedicated underwriting team and specialist 24/7 claims team.
Start Getting Quotes on Open GI
- You must already be an Open GI user and have an agency set-up with DCL.
- To get a Haul In One quote on the platform, you’ll need to activate our product on a brief call with the HIO team.
- This activation call will take no longer than 5 minutes and you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org directly to arrange this.